Julie in Japan

I find myself on the Pacific rim of fire!

Sunday, 6 May 2007

Traditional Japan





It has suprised me that there are still women wearing kimonos everyday. They aren't young and sadly it will go in the next generation.
However riding a bike in a kimono...well maybe not.
I found this shop that rents out kimonos and think that this young lady will be having a fitting for her wedding.

I also had the opportunity to see these sumptuous kimonos on display at the ceremony. Learning how to dress a lady in kimono is an art and takes many years of learning to master. The ladies told me in Japanese.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning fabrics and I would sooo love to see you in a Kimono young lady - in fact I think next cocktail party you should definately ditch the old ball dress grab your kimono and update even further by getting a pair of those wooden type japanese jandals that allegedy are worn with a kimono....

love and kisses
Mon